- 4 boneless Svante’s New York Strip or Rib Eye steaks
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4-6 ripe Texas Peaches
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup of honey
- Dash of salt
- 4 oz. blue cheese
- ¼ c chopped cilantro or parsley
- At least an hour before cooking, preferably 4-6 hours ahead, marinate the steaks in the refrigerator by putting them in a large sealable plastic bag along with the olive oil, garlic and dash of salt and pepper. Take the steaks out of the refrigerator a half hour before cooking so they can come to room temperature before grilling.
- To make the peaches, cut them in half and take out the pit, leaving the skin on. Combine the lemon and honey and baste the peaches. Lightly salt the peaches. Set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Or fire up the grill. Take the steaks out of the marinade. Cook to desired doneness, about four minutes per side for medium-rare. We recommend 3 minutes on indirect heat and the last minute on direct heat. Transfer steaks to serving plates and let rest for five minutes.
- While the steaks are resting, put the peaches on the grill, face down, for a couple of minutes or until they show grill marks. Turn them over and fill them with chunks of blue cheese. (We put them in a vegetable griller.) Cover the grill to let the cheese melt which should take a couple of minutes. Take them off the grill and put them on a bed of lettuce and put cilantro or parsley on top of peaches.