- 1-1/2 lbs of Grass Fed Sirloin Steak cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup of red wine vinegar
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbspoon of either rosemary, cilantro or basil depending on what’s fresh and available
- 1 tbspoon of sea salt
- 1 tbspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 lb of vegetables cubed (zucchini, peppers, mushrooms, onion—whatever is fresh)
Combine the steak, olive oil, vinegar and herbs in a plastic bag to marinate. Put in refrigerator for at least 2 hours but preferably all day. ( I make this in the morning and let it sit all day until dinnertime.) Take the steak bag out of the refrigerator a half hour before cooking to bring meat to room temperature. Cube the veggies while the meat is coming to room temperature.
Make the kabobs by putting the steak cubes on grilling sticks and alternate the steak and veggies. Brush the grill with olive oil to keep the kabobs from sticking. Grill the kabobs for 3-4 minutes for medium rare (do not overcook grass fed beef—better to have to put the kabobs back on the grill if they are too rare), turning them so they are cooked on all sides. Serve with rice, cauliflower puree or sweet potato puree.