Really Easy Oven Baked, Barbecue Beef Ribs (Serves 4-6)
- 3-4 lbs. of Svante’s Grass Fed Bone in Beef Ribs
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cup ketchup
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 cup of brown sugar or honey
- 1 cup vinegar (I use apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, if you like your ribs with a little “kick”)
- 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
Take the ribs out of the refrigerator to bring to room temperature before cooking, about a half hour. Put all the ingredients except the ribs and barbecue sauce in a dutch oven or slow cooker and stir until dissolved. Add the ribs. Place the dutch oven to bake in the oven at 275 degrees or on the top of the stove at the lowest temperature. Or, put your slow cooker at the lowest temperature. Let it cook for 8 hours, checking every couple of hours to make sure all the ribs are covered with the sauce.
To serve, I recommend removing the bones. Serve with your favorite barbecue sauce.
If you want to make it ahead of time, you can put the cooked ribs in the refrigerator and heat the next day and I think they taste even better.