- 2-3 lbs. of Svante’s Flat Iron steaks
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 small shallot (2-3 green onions as alternative)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- ½ cup of dry white wine
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Chopped parsley, optiona
- Take the steaks out of the refrigerator a half hour before cooking so they can come to room temperature before cooking. Salt and pepper the steaks.
- Heat one to two tablespoons of oil in a large grill pan on the stove over medium-high heat. Cook to desired doneness, which will depend on the thickness, about four minutes per side for medium-rare. We recommend 3 minutes on indirect heat and the last minute on direct heat. Transfer steaks to carving plate and let rest for five to ten minutes while you make the sauce.
- To make the sauce, add the chopped shallots or green onions to the pan where you cooked the steaks; sauté for a minute. Add the mustard seeds and thyme and sauté for a minute and then add white wine and lemon zest and let simmer for a minute to bring all the ingredients together. Add the butter at the very end and let melt.
- Slice steak on carving plate; spoon sauce over the top and sprinkle parsley on top as garnish if you have it.