Easy Nachos for a Crowd (Serves 8-10)
- 2 lbs. of Svante’s Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 large (18-24 oz.) container of your favorite salsa
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups of Mexican cheese
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup guacamole (optional)
- ½ cup of sour cream (optional)
- Big Bag of tortilla chips
I love nachos but if you don’t eat them when they are served they can be soggy at best. So, I came up with this recipe before a Cowboys Super Bowl game. It stays warm and delicious for an hour +. Better yet, you can make it ahead and warm it up.
Sauté the chopped onions and garlic. Add the beef and cook until the beef is done. Add salt and pepper. Add salsa. Stir and then add cilantro if you have it.
If you aren’t going to cook immediately, put the meat mixture in a flat baking pan and refrigerate. If you are going to serve in the next hour, put in a flat baking pan and cover with cheese and put in the oven at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
When the cheese is bubbling, take out of the oven and put the guacamole and sour cream on top and serve with chips.